1 1/2 Cups quick cooking rolled oats
1 Cup flour
1/2 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup Butter (12 Tablespoons)
1 1/2 Cup chopped Rhubarb
1/4 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup water
2 Cups chopped Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Butter 8 X 8 X 2 Glass dish
- Stir together oats, flour and sugar.
- Cut in butter using fork or pastry blender mix until crumbs form. Set aside 2 Cups for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Bake for 20 minutes. **all to completely cool**
- In a saucepan combine rhubarb, sugar and water. Cook and stir for 8 to 10 minutes until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in chopped strawberries. Pour over cooled baked crust
- Sprinkle reserved crumbs evenly over top press down lightly on crumbs
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly.