- 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sour cream or butter milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Cream brown sugar & shortening, then add egg.
- Sift together flour, salt, and soda. Alternately add small amounts of flour mixture and milk to egg mixture.
- Fold in diced rhubarb.
- Pour into greased 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of cake batter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Farms View Roadstand
Please follow and like us: